Working in Lambeth Larkall community in a bid to promote and enable the reduction in Serious Youth Violence. The bus is also a good visual way of alerting young people that there is a unit placed in a specific area at a specific time during the entire summer break.
By locating the mobile outreach in these wards, we are better equipped to reach the young people that are most at risk. The outreach unit will offer a variety of activities during the designated times in the selected areas.
Each activity is designed to educate and enhance responsibility among youth. Young people will be able to engage in:
- Short film screenings specific shorts that address subjects such as mental health and wellbeing. Mentoring engaging with experienced youth workers and organisations
- Motivational talks designed to help with goal setting and communication etc.
- Interactive games designated gaming console for two players at a time.
- Film project learning how to use mobile phones to create positive content. Social media awareness advice and help on how to stay safe online
- Signposting young people with hidden disabilities working with a2ndVoice to referral