Working in Lambeth Larkall community in a bid to promote and enable the reduction in Serious Youth Violence. The bus is also a good visual way of alerting young people that there is a unit placed in a specific area at a specific time during the entire summer break.
By locating the mobile outreach in these wards, we are better equipped to reach the young people that are most at risk. The outreach unit will offer a variety of activities during the designated times in the selected areas.
Each activity is designed to educate and enhance responsibility among youth. Young people will be able to engage in:
- Short film screenings specific shorts that address subjects such as mental health and wellbeing. Mentoring engaging with experienced youth workers and organisations
- Motivational talks designed to help with goal setting and communication etc.
- Interactive games designated gaming console for two players at a time.
- Film project learning how to use mobile phones to create positive content. Social media awareness advice and help on how to stay safe online
- Signposting young people with hidden disabilities working with a2ndVoice to referral
Working in partnership with a2ndVoice to make the project all inclusive to help young people with hidden disabilities
Please be aware this bus is not a sensory bus and is not fully equipped for SEND, however we will do our utmost to ensure all that attend are in a safe space. The aim of the project is to be able to offer advice and signpost any referrals to a2ndVoice and their partner organisations.
We constantly update our signposting and GROOMSAFE advisory page, where we offer advise and help around topics that effect young people. (please click the images)
If you would like more information regarding the project or additional support (such as, SEN, Grooming, Criminal Exploitation etc) or if you would simply like to leave us feedback on the project, please send us a message.