FIRE SAFETY MANAGEMENT
STATEMENT OF INTENT
Youth Unity CIC believes that ensuring the health and safety of staff, visitors, service users and all relevant persons is essential to our success.
We are an outreach Community Interest Company with no premises, so we have a check list in place for premises we work with
We are committed to:
- Preventing accidents and work-related ill health.
- Compliance with statutory requirements as a minimum.
- Assessing and controlling the risks that arise from our work activities.
- Providing a safe and healthy working and learning environment.
- Ensuring safe working methods and providing safe working equipment.
- Providing effective information, instruction and training.
- Consulting with employees and their representatives on health and safety matters.
- Monitoring and reviewing our systems and prevention measures to ensure their effectiveness.
- Setting targets and objectives to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring adequate welfare facilities exist throughout the department.
- Ensuring adequate resources are made available for health and safety issues, so far as is reasonably practicable.
A Fire Safety Management System will be created to ensure the above commitments can be met. Employees throughout the department must play their part in the creation of a safe and healthy working environment for all.
Youth Unity CIC will ensure that all premises and venues that are hiring/working with and in will have full fire regulation in place.