a2ndVoice are a small voluntary support group run by parents/carers living and caring for a child or adult on the Autistic Spectrum, raising awareness and understanding from different perspectives, outreaching also to the Africa, Caribbean, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities (ACAME) and Dual Heritage Communities in tackling the taboos and myths around Autism.
Cultural Diversity is the key in making a difference amongst all individuals, communities, faith groups and organisations by bridging the gap between parents and professionals with support by Autistic Specialists and Autistic Adults.
Our aim is to:
- To inspire, to empower, to share information and build a network in providing ongoing support pertaining to the wellbeing and lifestyle for parents & carers with children or adults on the Autistic Spectrum.
- To provide information and support for siblings and peers.
- Supporting girls/young women on the Spectrum who are under-represented and disadvantaged.
- Pre-natal, autistic mothers and post-natal support workshop
- To provide support for fathers and single fathers to share similar experiences together with male workers also.
- Raising awareness within the BAME communities to break down cultural barriers and prejudices.
- To provide a support service within the school setting, which outreach the hard to reach parents/carers who maybe in denial and/or lacking understanding of the condition.
- To increase awareness by all means that our local community and businesses will lead to more personal involvement, understanding and more cultural, educational and social activities, which will create a better community and a better place for those living with Autism and other, related hidden conditions.
- To provide information, resources and tailor made packages for Faith Groups and Establishments.
- Working in partnership with individuals and organisations that deal with Youth Services within the Criminal Justice System.
If you are interested in making a difference, please contact us:-
Mob: +44 (0) 7947 198 362